O-YA is Hiring a Youth Worker!
If you're outgoing, friendly, creative, proactive, fun, energetic and good with kids - we have the perfect job opportunity for you!
O-YA is seeking a part time Senior Youth Worker who is able to work a few shifts a week at our After School Homework Club (with a start time as early as 2:30 pm) and Teen Drop In (with an end time as late as 10 pm). Applicants must be in at least Grade 12.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume to Nicole by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, you can email Nicole or call 613-826-0726. O-YA will be accepting resumes until Friday, September 1, 2023 and interviewing during the first 2 weeks of September. Start time for this position will be mid-September 2023.
Being a Youth Worker at O-YA is fun, rewarding and challenging work experience. O-YA Youth Workers lead, mentor, supervise, engage, manage and coordinate activities for O-YA’s core target audience of Grades 2 - 12. Youth Workers are expected to provide positive role modeling for participants, other staff and volunteers at all times and help with outreach and promotions to support new and existing programs. Youth Workers play an integral role in planning, managing and running O-YA’s programming. Youth Workers are expected to create programs independently, create programs in partnership with other staff and facilitate programs that have been planned or created by other staff. In addition, with direction and guidance from the Executive Director, you will:
• Be knowledgeable in and provide information about community resources (training will be provided)
• Assist in organizing community events and recreational activities
• Respect and value cultural and ethnic diversity and people with disabilities
• Contributing to O-YA’s efforts to collect, analyze and report on data and relevant information, and participant in research as required
• Support, coach and mentor O-YA’s volunteers
• Promote awareness of and participation in O-YA programs, events and activities
• Participate in staff meetings and O-YA’s Youth Advisory Council as required
• Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality and seeks to minimize risk in keeping with O-YA’s Policies and Procedures